The GP Schedule for 2014 has been released in its entirety and I would like to share some of the information we received with you all:
GP 2014 in Europe
|January 10-12||Prague||Czech Republic||Modern|
|February 28-March 2||Barcelona||Spain||Theros/Born of the Gods Team Sealed|
|March 21-23||Vienna||Austria||Theros/Born of the Gods Sealed/Draft|
|May 9-11||Warsaw||Poland||Theros Block Sealed/Draft|
|May 30-June 1||Manchester||England||Theros Block Constructed|
|June 13-15||Moscow||Russian Federation||Standard|
|June 27-29||Utrecht||Netherlands||Theros Block Sealed/Draft|
|November 28-30||Strasbourg||France||“Huey” Sealed/Draft|
There are also some organizational changes that needs to be known if you want to go to a GP in 2014:
- No Saturday registration: You will still be able to register online or on Friday but registering on Saturday will not be possible anymore…
- No GPT for Team GPs: There will be no byes for any Team GPs and thus https://lookup-phone-prefix.ca , there will also be no possibility to sanction any Grand Prix Trials for Barcelona
- GP Team D2: 5 rounds of Sealed deck, followed by 1 round of Team Booster Draft for Top4 and 1 round of another Team Booster Draft for Top2.
- GP Foil is Batterskull
- More Prize payout:
- Grand Prix with fewer than 1,200 participants: $35’000 down to 64th place.
- Grand Prix with 1,200–2,399 participants: $44,000 down to 100th place.
- Grand Prix with 2,400 or more players: $54,000 down to 150 players.
Grand Prix Trials
This is more a “late 2013” news than something particular for 2014 but it does need honorary mention:
- The winner of a Grand Prix Trial will receive 2 (two) byes for the Grand Prix.
- The format of the Grand Prix Trial does not have to be in the format the Grand Prix will be played in
- The possible formats for a GPT include Sealed Deck, Standard, Extended, Modern, or Block Constructed. Legacy can also be selected, but only for Legacy GPs.
- Sealed Deck GPT have to be played using the latest Set. The top 8 for the event will be Booster Draft or Sealed Deck (at the discretion of the store running that Grand Prix Trial)
- Deck lists and a certified Judge (L1) are required (REL – Competitive)
- Planeswalker Points Multiplier – 3x
- The store owner, organizer, judge(s), and/or scorekeeper(s) of a Grand Prix Trial are not permitted to play in the tournament.